The Board of Directors recently conducted a strategic planning session to evaluate our direction for the next several years. Some new ideas were discussed and are being reviewed to determine ways to move forward.
As your president for 2008, I decided to wait until after the planning process to assemble the committees and task forces for the new leadership team. When the plan is completed, the committees will be formed with new plans for implementation. There is still time to send in a volunteer form to serve on a committee!
Unfortunately, everyone who wishes to be on a committee cannot just because of the numbers involved.
— Brion Grant, ASHI president-elect
Chapter Enterprise Award
Enrichment, fun, camaraderie, rewards and $750 — The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award for Participation at InspectionWorld can mean that and more for the members of two chapters who finish at the top of their respective categories.
The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award for Participation at InspectionWorld was established by an ASHI Certified Inspector who attributes his personal success as a home inspector and the prosperity of his multi-inspector firm to the ideas and information acquired by regularly attending InspectionWorld for many years. The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award has been funded by a donation of $15,000, to be invested by ASHI’s staff, and the proceeds used in accordance with these ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award guidelines:
- The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award shall be presented annually at InspectionWorld for 10 years or however many years funds remain available, commencing with InspectionWorld 2007. The current ASHI president shall present to each winning ASHI Chapter a Certificate of Appreciation and an award in the amount of $750. The awards shall be presented at the Annual Destination Luncheon, Business Meeting and Awards Ceremony of InspectionWorld each year.
- There shall be awards given for two approximately equal-sized categories. For the 2007 awards and beyond (unless changed by ASHI staff to recognize a new median for chapter size), the categories shall be (i) chapters with 30 members or less, and (ii) chapters with membership of 31 and more. The ASHI chapter in each category with the highest percentage of registration of its members (chapter members shall include ASHI Certified Inspectors and ASHI Associates) to attend InspectionWorld, as determined by the ASHI staff, shall be awarded the ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award. The award shall be presented to the ASHI chapter president, if in attendance, the COR Representative or other representative of each winning chapter.
- The basis for the awards will be the total confirmed reservations for InspectionWorld for each chapter as of the close of business December 31 preceding the date of InspectionWorld. Immediately thereafter, the ASHI staff shall compare the number of registrations for each chapter retrieved from registration forms with the total number of members of that chapter retrieved from the ASHI database to determine the percentage of registration. In case of a tie, ASHI staff shall extend the calculation to the extent necessary
to break a tie. If two chapters have identical percentages (e.g., 25 of 100 and 50 of 200), two awards will be given that year.
- No chapter shall receive the $750 award more than once every three years. If an ASHI chapter that was awarded the ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award during the previous two-year period qualifies to receive the award for the current year, that chapter shall be recognized and given a Certificate of Appreciation. The ASHI chapter in that membership category with the second highest percentage of participation of its members at InspectionWorld shall also receive a Certificate of Appreciation and the $750 award.
- The ASHI staff and the ASHI InspectionWorld Committee may use this award in pre-convention publicity, the ASHI Reporter and other materials to encourage participation by Members and Candidates, and to prompt the COR and the chapters to encourage their members to attend InspectionWorld.
Questions? Contact Bob Kociolek at HQ, firstname.lastname@example.org.