ASHI President John Ghent and Executive Director Rob Paterkiewicz met with home inspectors on Maui to assist them in their efforts to earn recognition for the profession in their state. ASHI Members and prospective members participated in a townhall type session to discuss ways to encourage partnering with the local Board of Realtors®. John, Rob and local Chapter President, Paul Signore were also pleased to be invited to speak with a large group of real estate agents from Coldwell Banker, the largest real estate firm in Hawaii. In their presentation they focussed on the ASHI Web site and the Standards of Practice.
This trip had been planned for some time, but only recently did all the pieces fall into place. It is part of continuing efforts country-wide to encourage the development of local ASHI strength and relationships between home inspectors and their local real estate professional organizations.
On December 8th, Committee chairs for 2002, board liaisons and staff liaisons spent the day in Chicago creating a work plan for the year. It is during this annual workshop that projects supporting the Society’s Strategic Plan are identified and expressed as tasks to be completed by the committees.
Contact HQ to reserve a booth or rent a list
The ASHI exhibit booth is available to chapters for shipping and insurance – to Members for a reasonable fee. The booth is in demand, so submit your reservation form as soon as you know about an event to ensure it will be available. Contact Russell at HQ - email@example.com – for details.
Mark your calendar
• January 12, 2002, COR meeting, 1-7 pm, New Orleans, La.
• January 13, 2002, Board of Directors meeting, New Orleans, La.
• January 14-16, 2002, InspectionWorld, New Orleans, La.
• January 17, 2002, ASHI exams at InspectionWorld, New Orleans, La.
• April 19-20, 2002, Board of Directors meeting and orientation, Chicago Ill.
• July 12-13, 2002, Board of Directors meeting and town hall gathering, Ariz.
• October 25, 2002, Chapter Leadership Day, Chicago, Ill.
• October 26, 2002, Board of Directors meeting, Chicago, Ill.
• January 15, 2003, Board of Directors meeting, Orlando, Fla.