148 Candidates w/logo use
63 Retired members
77 Affiliate members
Chapter leaders: If you’d like a list of chapter members who have not renewed, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership Training Workshop free to chapters
Bob Kociolek conducted a free Chapter Leadership Training seminar on Friday morning, July 16, prior to the Town Hall meeting in Marietta, Ga. He’s taking the Chapter Leadership Training Workshops on the road, offering to hold five sessions at different locations at the request of chapters. The two-hour training is designed to prepare future local leaders. Bob will travel to a location if 15 or more attendees are guaranteed. If your chapter is interested, contact him at bobk@ASHI.org.
Town Hall and Board of Directors meetings held in Georgia
On July 16-17, ASHI’s annual town hall meeting, a reception for the membership and the July Board of Directors meeting were held at the Marietta Conference Center in Marietta, Ga. Check the ASHI Web site for “Report Out,” which recaps the actions taken at the meeting. Details also will be reported in the September issue of the Reporter.
New on the Web site
Three ways to take advantage of the ASHI School of Home Inspection are now outlined on www.ashi.org:
- ASHI@Home Training System: Are you looking for quality home inspection education, but don’t have the time to commit to a fixed class schedule? ASHI and Carson Dunlop & Associates, Ltd. have designed a comprehensive distance learning training program.
- ASHI@Home University Edition: Do you prefer to take classes in a college environment? Take one or several home inspection training courses developed by ASHI, Carson Dunlop & Associates, Ltd. and Dearborn Home Inspection Education at your local community college.
- NEW– ASHI@School: Do you prefer to take classes in a location near you? Do you prefer to learn with hands-on displays and interaction with seasoned professional instructors? ASHI and Inspection Training Associates (ITA) provide the enhanced two-week training course in 11 licensed schools across the country to serve you.
Reserve advertising space for your chapter seminar in the ASHI Reporter now. Rate cards and insertion orders for the new fiscal year, which begins with the October 2004 issue, are now available on the Web site or by e-mail from email@example.com.
New brochures and report stickers bundled
Receive 100 of The ASHI Experience report stickers free of charge with your order of 100 consumer brochures for $30. The size of the brochure and the type have been changed to improve their appeal to real estate professionals and consumers. Contact Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order.
Also, check the ASHI Web site’s online store for new products such as the recently published book, “The Mold Survival Guide,” by Jeffrey C. May and Connie L. May.
HUD asks ASHI to share Reverse Auction Program info
HUD PIH-REAC offers business opportunities to inspectors for its reverse auction program “The Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s), Office of Public and Indian Housing, Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC), is seeking experienced inspectors to inspect approximately 2,600 HUD-assisted properties nationwide. The REAC has developed the “Reverse Auction Program” to conduct these inspections using HUD’s Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS). The inspections assist in determining whether the housing qualifies as decent, safe, sanitary housing, and that the housing is in good repair.
To learn more about the Reverse Auction Program, inspector qualification requirements, inspector certification process, and to find out more about the UPCS protocol, go to http://www.hud.gov/offices/reac/products/pass/pass_reverse_auction.cfm
MRC timely reminder
MRC claim forms are mailed in August. Be prepared to fill it out when it arrives. If you do not receive a form, you are not required to report MRCs for this period.
New Code of Ethics now available
ASHI’s first new Code of Ethics is now official. It is posted on the ASHI Web site. Please use the official version at all times — in your print materials, electronically and on your Web site. The latest version of the Standards of Practice pamphlet includes the new Code of Ethics. Order a supply today from Russell Daniels at HQ.
ASHI appears at three national conferences
- National Conference of State Legislators, July 20-22, 2004, Salt Lake City, Utah
- ITA InspectionExpo, September 20-22, 2004, Las Vegas, Nev.
- National Association of Realtors® November 5-8, 2004, Orlando, Fla.
ASHI calendar of events
- October 22-23, 2004, Chapter Leadership Day and Board meeting, Chicago, Ill.
- January 12, 2005, Board meeting, Austin, Texas
- January 13-15, 2005 InspectionWorld, Austin, Texas
- April 15-16, 2005, Board orientation and meeting, Chicago, Ill. (tentative)
- July 15-16, 2005, ASHI Town Hall Gathering and Board meeting, Location TBA (tentative)
- October 21-22, 2005, Chapter Leadership Day and Board meeting, Chicago, Ill.
- December 11, 2005, Committee Leadership Workshop, Chicago, Ill. (tentative)
- January 11, 2006, Board meeting, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. (tentative)
- January 12-14, 2006 InspectionWorld, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. (tentative)