Here's what is yours for another year:
A connection to consumers
Your name will appear in Find an Inspector, a search tool for consumers on ashi.org, plus you'll benefit from ASHI's aggressive public relations program, promoting the importance of a quality home inspection.
Information for home inspectors from home inspectors
– Twelve issues of this magazine with access to the ASHI Reporter online 24/7, which allows you to research back issues at your convenience. The magazine delivers practical inspection and business information and reports association news. Home inspection professionals share their knowledge and expertise with members in every issue. And all readers enjoy the over-the-top photographs in "Postcards from the Field."
– Weekly MultiView e-newsletter, with general industry news, and the monthly e-newsletter, First Thing, with coverage of all the society's activities.
Access to outstanding education at member rates
– Smart Track, free online training;
– The ASHI School classroom and field training;
– ASHI@Home Training System correspondence courses;
– InspectionWorld, THE annual conference for home inspectors;
– Chapter seminars and more (many sessions state-approved.)
Discounted ASHI-Endorsed Programs
– E&O Insurance
– Health Insurance
– National Yellow Pages®
– Prepaid legal
– Send-out cards
– Senior Safety Network
Local support through 80-plus chapters
The opportunity to contribute to your profession
– Comment on updates to the ASHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics or participate in the drafting of voluntary standards of professional inspection practices.
– Volunteer to serve on a national committee or for a chapter leadership position.
– Be part of a community service project working beside other ASHI members.
Representation in legislative arenas. ASHI is recognized as the voice of the home inspection profession in Washington, D.C., and in many states.
A path to true certification. ASHI is the only ICE-approved home inspector accrediting organization.
If you have not renewed, this will be your last issue of the ASHI Reporter. But if you act quickly, you'll only miss an issue or two.
Current ASHI Membership
ASHI Certified Inspectors: 3,642
Retired Members: 118
Wanted: Postcards from the Field
Help keep this popular feature going by e-mailing your photos with captions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASHI Mission Statement
To set and promote standards for property inspections and to provide the educational programs needed to achieve excellence in the profession.
ASHI Calendar of Events
Jan. 25, 2011, Board Meeting, Atlanta, Ga.
Jan. 25-28, 2011, InspectionWorld, Atlanta, Ga.
April 30, 2011, Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
July 30, 2011, Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
October 20-21, 2011, Leadership Training Conference, Rosemont, Ill.
October 22, 2011, Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
Jan. 4-7, 2012, InspectionWorld, Phoenix, Ariz.
Jan. 13-16, 2013, InspectionWorld, Las Vegas, Nev.