This Month: Find an Inspector and Web Settings
You suspect there are tools on ASHI's Web site to help you build your business. You think you read something about it somewhere, but you're not sure and don't have time to look into it.
This is the first of three articles that will illustrate, step by step, how to find and use the tools on ASHI's Web site. Each tool was built with the ASHI Inspector in mind, so check it out and decide what will work best for your business.1 Logging In
- Go to www.ashi.org and click on Membership Login in theupper right corner. Enter your membership number and password.
Note: Find your membership number on your membership badge, ASHIcorrespondence (such as a dues statement) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request it.If you have never logged on before, your password is password. If you forgot your password, click on the 'forgot your password' link. Still need help? E-mail email@example.com.
2. Membership Profile
All information entered in this area will appear in the ASHI Database within 3-4 days.
- Click on Membership Profile in the left-hand bar. Update your regular and e-mail addresses, select a chapteraffiliation and choose areas of expertise.
Note: Your information must be current to receive ASHI's e-newsletters.
3. Find an inspector and Web settings
From this page, you can update and personalize your appearance in the Find a Home Inspector areas of the ASHI Web site. The more you utilize each of these areas, the more likely prospective customers will find you during their search for ASHI Inspectors. You can also change your password on this page.
- Click on Find an Inspector and Web Settings in the left-hand bar.
- Enter a Custom Company Description, up to 700 characters. Describe your company and services for potential clients.
- Find an Inspector Search-Company Logo or Image Add your company logo or a photo for clients to view. The file should be a .JPG or .GIF.
- Find an Inspector Search-Customer Contact Options Specify how Web users can contact you: by e-mail and/or text message.
- Find an Inspector Search-Your E-Mail Address Specify an e-mail address for potential customers to contact you. Also add a "cc" e-mail address.
- Find an Inspector Search-Custom E-Mail Message Settings Let potential customers enter a custom message or opt to keep the standard settings.
- Find an Inspector Search-Metro Area Search Neighborhoods Find an Inspector automatically uses your Zip Code to search. To be included in the metro area search, you must specify the metro areas using this tool. Choose up to three metro areas. You could be losing business if you don't use this tool.
- Buddy List E-Mail Settings Choose whether to receive e-mail from other ASHI Members.
- Membership Extranet Password Change your membership password here.
Next month: Logos and Marketing & Advertising Templates