- For 2008 President-Elect: William Richardson, Albuquerque, N.M.
- For 2008 Vice President: Charles Gifford, Jacksonville, Fla.
- For 2008 Treasurer: David Tamny, Columbus, Ohio
- For 2008 Secretary: Bill Jacques, Ravenel, S.C.
Qualified members had until Oct. 22, 2007, to submit a petition to appear on the ballot. The election will close on Dec. 5.
According to the ASHI Policies, the following rules apply to campaigning:
a. Campaigning positively by or about any candidate is permissible, as long as no ASHI assets are used.
b. Staff, Nominating Committee and Election Committee Members shall not participate in campaigning.
c. Nominees or Petition Candidates for an Officer or Board of Director position may purchase mailing labels or lists of qualified voting members’ contact information from Headquarters at cost.
d. Negative campaigning (against candidates or nominees) is not permitted. The Election Committee should preview campaign statements or materials in advance if there is any uncertainty about the appropriateness of their contents.
Should you have questions or comments, please contact Richard Bennett, acting executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-954-3183.
Source: Policy and Procedures Manual, Section 25: Officer Nominations and Elections. The manual is available online at www.ashi.org in the Membership Extranet, Publications section.
Council Representatives to elect five directors
The Director Nominating Committee presented the following slate with any petition candidates to council representatives by Oct 31. The election closes Dec. 5, and five new directors will be elected. Randy West chaired the committee for members John Geiger, Randy Sipe, Robert Sterner and John Vaughn.
- Tom Lauhon
- Robert Pyne
- Frank Libero
- Jim Hemsell
- Jim Rooney
- Joe Kelly
- Michael Stephans
If you have questions, please contact Bob Kociolek at HQ: email@example.com, 847-954-3177.
Chapter Enterprise Award
Enrichment, fun, camaraderie, rewards and $750 — The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award for Participation at InspectionWorld can mean that and more for the members of two chapters who finish at the top of their respective categories.
The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award for Participation at InspectionWorld was established by an ASHI Certified Inspector who attributes his personal success as a home inspector and the prosperity of his multi-inspector firm to the ideas and information acquired by regularly attending InspectionWorld for many years. The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award has been funded by a donation of $15,000, to be invested by ASHI’s staff, and the proceeds used in accordance with these ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award guidelines:
1. The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award shall be presented annually at InspectionWorld to ten years or however many years funds remain available, commencing with InspectionWorld 2007. The current ASHI President shall present to each winning ASHI Chapter a Certificate of Appreciation and an award in the amount of $750. The awards shall be presented at the Annual Destination Luncheon, Business Meeting and Awards Ceremony of InspectionWorld each year.
2. There shall be awards given for two approximately equal-sized categories. For the 2007 awards and beyond (unless changed by ASHI staff to recognize a new median for chapter size), the categories shall be (i) chapters with 30 members or less, and (ii) chapters with membership of 31 and more. The ASHI chapter in each category with the highest percentage of registration of its members (chapter members shall include ASHI Certified Inspectors and ASHI Associates) to attend InspectionWorld, as determined by the ASHI staff, shall be awarded the ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award. The award shall be presented to the ASHI chapter president, if in attendance, the COR Representative or other representative of each winning chapter.
3. The basis for the awards will be the total confirmed reservations for InspectionWorld for each chapter as of the close of business December 31 preceding the date of InspectionWorld. Immediately thereafter, the ASHI staff shall compare the number of registrations for each chapter retrieved from registration forms with the total number of members of that chapter retrieved from the ASHI database to determine the percentage of registration. In case of a tie, ASHI staff shall extend the calculation to the extent necessary to break a tie. If two chapters have identical percents (e.g., 25 of 100 and 50 of 200), two awards will be given that year.
4. No chapter shall receive the $750 award more than once every three years. If an ASHI chapter that was awarded the ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award during the previous two-year period qualifies to receive the award for the current year, that chapter shall be recognized and given a Certificate of Appreciation. The ASHI chapter in that membership category with the second highest percentage of participation of its members at InspectionWorld shall also receive a Certificate of Appreciation and the $750 award.
5. The ASHI staff and the ASHI InspectionWorld Committee may use this award in pre-convention publicity, the ASHI Reporter and other materials to encourage participation by Members and Candidates, and to prompt the COR and the chapters to encourage their members to attend InspectionWorld.
Questions? Contact Bob Kociolek at HQ, firstname.lastname@example.org.